Since virtual visits require video and audio, you must have a webcam and microphone installed. Before your visit, you will have the opportunity to test your internet connection, video, webcam, microphone and speaker capabilities using the built-in System Check.
If using an external webcam and microphone:
- Ensure that your webcam is plugged in and all accompanying software is installed. Plug your microphone into the appropriate port on your computer and ensure that it is enabled in the control panel of your operating system.
For the best experience when using Express Care Virtual on the web, high-speed broadband internet access (e.g., cable, DSL) is recommended. A minimum bandwidth of 1 Mb/s upload/download is required. However, bandwidth of 3 Mb/s is recommended for optimal experience. For the best video quality, connect via a “wired” internet connection.
- Supported Browsers
- Google Chrome (latest version recommended; one version prior supported)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version recommended; one version prior supported)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (PC ONLY: minimum v9.0; maximum v11)
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” or later (Intel CPUs only)
- NOTE: Linux OS (including Chromebook devices) are not supported
- Hardware/Software Requirements
- Adobe Flash Plug-In v10.1 or greater installed
- Firefox users must have the latest version of Flash installed
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater installed
- USB or built-in webcam
- Audio (to minimize feedback use headphones, or a headset with built-in microphone)